"Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers."
The question this week is:
This week's Top Ten Tuesday is all about books to read in one day. So it's basically a list of books that had me so on the edge of my seat reading them that I shushed everyone who dared interrupt me :)
- Swan Song by Robert McCammon - Such an epic dystopian/post apocalyptic world and it was written when I was in Junior High school and it's still a classic and still one of my favorites
- The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton - A magical world set in Victorian London where faerie's exist along side chivalry, sweet romance and thrilling escapades. I read this book 4 times!
- Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle is truly a work of art! I loved the plot, the characters and beautiful way in which it was all written + it was scary! Bonus!
- Witch Song by Amber Argyle is by far one of the most enchanting books I've ever read! Original theme with an awesome narrative. I was quite snappy if interrupted while reading this book!
- The Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout! Need I say more?
- Chicago Land Vampire series by Chloe Neill: Merit + Ethan + Drama = The best dang reading ever!
- River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergeron is absolutely captivating, time-traveling sisters have 'The Most Excellent Adventures' with gorgeous Italian cousins. Richly detailed, Lisa makes history the most interesting I've ever read!
- Starcrossed Series by Josephine Angelini
- The Morganville Vampire series-I just can't put them down! I started reading them when there was 5 books out already and I had them all read within 3 days and 'Thirsty' for more!
- The Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr, I am The Book FAERY after all but even if I wasn't, I would still have fallen in love/hate with these faeries. It's a one of a kind series about the ugly side (Unseelie court) and the good side (Seelie court) of faeries and the constant underlying battle that lies just beneath their tenuous truce but most of all, it's about the relationships between them all. Love it! It Rocks my Wings!
- Okay, I know it said TEN but let's just pretend it said ELEVEN, okay? My next favorite is Julie Kagawa's The Iron Fey series and Immortal Rules, Alright, technically that's TWELVE but under ONE author! The Iron Fey series is such a unique take on the Fey that I instantly fell in love and The Immortal Rules isn't out yet but I was fortunate enough to get an ARC and let me tell you, Julie does for Vampires as well, if not better than she did with the Fey! Vampires set in a post-apocalyptic world? Wow, those pages were literally on fire I was turning them so fast!
Shhhh! Be vedy vedy qwiet! I amost to da good pawt, mama!